06 August 2013

home is where my heart is


Listen up, y'all, this is pretty special. I'm so excited to be volunteering for Home Is Where My Heart Is this year - a terrifically inspiring project. It's no secret how powerful art can be as a means of communication, and how creating can be a therapeutic process as well. A talented group of youngsters have worked hard and are featured in the exhibition telling their difficult and very personal stories of homelessness through photography.

Opening night is this thursday, 6 pm and everyone is welcome. If you're a Perth lass or lad I totally encourage you to head down on thursday or sometime over the next couple weeks to check out what will be undoubtedly moving work.

For more info or to follow along, have a gander on facebook.

Lisa xx

8 comments:

  1. it sounds like an incredible project and I love the concept of it. Good luck and I will be checking it out on fb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great project! I hope you have a good time volunteering and the exhibition does well :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish this was happening in NYC! Cannot wait to read more from you!
    xx,
    http://janicethitran.com (✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great project! Looking forwards to see some photos!

    Kisses,
    Bex

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great cause! I am glad you joined and I wish I could attend.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post as always my friend... sounds like a great cause... enjoy!

    xoxo;
    Into The Blush, a Beauty Blog by Kenny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds very positive. Hope it goes well and you have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome project!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete